Sunday, January 01, 2017

Happy 2017!


Welcome to 2017, everyone! Wow, 2016 was a rough one, especially there at the end, but we made it. We had a lovely Christmas, and I've really enjoyed having over a week off from work. (Not that I don't like my job! But I really did need a break.) I've been pondering the usual things during that time: love, family, and of course, any changes I might want to make in the coming year. Which of course begs the question: resolutions or no? I just couldn't find anything that spoke to me. I mean, what I need to do is obvious, and quite frankly the same as previous years. Part of me wonders if it's even worth it, given that they are the same as previous years. Several of my friends do a "word for the year," and that idea appealed to me this year. Can you guess what my word is? (Hint: it's in HUGE red letters up there at the top.)

As the blog clearly indicates, my life is rather insane at the moment. Lack of blogging, tweating, or pretty much anything else has been chronic in the last year or two. You can keep up with me on Facebook, but even that gets out of date or some of the "big things" aren't chronicled as well as I would like.

So with all of this going on, why on earth would I choose the word "more"? It seems counter-intuitive, right? Usually, this is the time of year where we look to have less of things. Less clutter, less weight, less bad food, less stress, less chaos. And don't get me wrong, I really need less of all of those things in my life right now! But "less" can also have something of a negative connotation, sort of like the word "don't." No one likes those kinds of words.

Then, I was inspired by this post on Facebook from TheMasterShift (no idea how it popped up in my feed; probably from someone I know "liking" it). I liked the general idea of the list offered, with a few tweaks for myself. (Boy, do I *wish* I could drink more tea!)

So here's what I came up with, things I want MORE of in 2017:

Now I realize I cannot necessarily control everything related to that last one, but it is also up to me to do the best I can to not get quite so worked up about things. 2016 ended up being a year that was a lot about acceptance (reread the Serenity Prayer, if you haven't recently; it is very wise), which I hope will lead to more peace and fewer tears. I guess only time will tell. But I will definitely be trying to do more to keep my own inner peace whenever possible.

Wishing you a healthy, happy, and peaceful new year, with MORE of all the good things in life! And who knows, maybe some more blogging from me. (But don't hold your breath!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My apologies for not allowing comments from Anonymous users. I was getting way too much spam. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!